[Gpdd] Health: Alaina

ANDREW SILL jaggs4 at sbcglobal.net
Fri Nov 14 18:21:01 EST 2008

Hello Everyone,
Thank you for you prayers and good wishes for little Alaina. I took her to Dr today. She had an abscess on her neck. The Dr lanced it and drained it and flushed it out. sent us home with meloxicam for the pain and swelling. and gave us sulfamethoxazole to keep infection at bay and some white cream to put on it too.She was a very brave girl indeed while they did all this to her.   She goes back next sat for a check up on it.  I may have to put her in a separate cage till the wound heals up as her cage mate Adaline keeps   wanting to sniff the spot where they drained it, and that seems to annoy little  Alaina alot. Dr. said she couldn't see any open wounds on the outside of the abscess. As we were thinking maybe one  of her cage mates bite her?  so still not sure how she got this abscess. She lives with her mom Amanda and a  younger guinea pig gal named Adaline.  Little Alaina is such a sweet sweet pig. She just loves to sit and cuddle. which
 is  wonderful:)  seems all our pigs love to cuddle. Remember me telling you all that little Alaina is large for her age.. well she weighed in today at 826 grams:)  she is a very sturdy little gal indeed:) Now I must go and give some  extra cuddles and hugs  to little Alaina:)
Jean & Andy and the misfits 14