[Gpdd] CARE: The Only Pig

GARY HESS joanhess4 at sbcglobal.net
Sun Nov 16 23:39:16 EST 2008

I want to thank you all for not criticizing me for having an only pig. I realize that's not a natural situation for a piggie, and thought I owe you an explanation in case you're wondering about it.
I have hypomanic bipolar disorder, which means, without medication, I am depressed and depressed-er. Unfortunately, the medication slows me down and takes away some of my energy, which means it's very difficult to clean Hershey's cage when needed, which plays out to be every third day. So far we've managed quite well but an extra piggie would mean a whole lot more urine and the difficulties that entails, and I couldn't do right by the hypothetical twosome. Fortunately, I spend a lot of time at home, and we enjoy each other very much. I never thought I'd enjoy being a slave, but I do! It gives me great joy to bring her happiness and, you know, I think she enjoys charming me. We talk in piggie language, which I'm learning under her tutelage.
I'm thinking of installing a bird mirror and maybe a stuffed piggie into her cage for her to cuddle with. Any other suggestions?

Oinkingly,
Joanie