[Gpdd] CARE: Mats

GARY HESS joanhess4 at sbcglobal.net
Mon Nov 24 18:53:21 EST 2008

Hershey's a long-haired piggie. Looks just like a Shetland Sheepdog with Papillon ears. I try to keep her rear end clipped, but she's developed dense mats so close to the skin that I can't get to them, even with curved scissors. She's very patient with my cosmetological excursions--as long as she's eating! Will the mats grow out to the point where I can cut them? I hope so. They capture urine and make my little princess stinky, which can't be healthy for her. Anyone have any suggestions?
Groomer to Her Highness' Hiney,
Joanie