[Gpdd] MISC: Hello and updates from Lynn, Samantha and Tabitha

jaaladog jaaladog at bellsouth.net
Wed Oct 1 13:50:39 EDT 2008

Hello to all of our wonderful friends and piggies on the list.  We have been
gone for a while and now that things are finally getting better, I decided I
had better get busy and get back on here.  Samantha and Tabitha have been
really giving me what for about it because they seem to have so much to tell
you all about, that it just can't wait another moment.  They are over there
now, both of them chattering away, trying to tell me what to say and to make
sure and give shout outs to all of their piggy peeps.  Sigh.

Following a catastrophic hospital stay after my surgery, I spent an
additional couple of weeks in hospital in order to recover from congestive
heart failure and a broken foot.  A long story but not related to GP's, so I
will let that go.  Besides, I think Algernon kept you all updated on my
progress, for which I am very grateful.  I also what to thank Janneke for
the lovely card she and her piggies sent to us.  It was so adorable and I
love the fact that I can feel the guinea pig.  Cute little fuzzy thing!  I
have it hanging on the door of my desk cabinet, much to the discontent of
Samantha and Tabitha.

Speaking of the girls, they are both doing quite well.  Tabitha has become
more and more of a drama queen and has me totally wrapped around her . . .
uhm, . . . toe?  She wheeks, I come running.  LOL.  When I first got home
after about a 3 week absence, Earl wehnt and got her while I sat down on the
couch to get my breath.  When he came towards me, he was standing about a
two foot distance from me , with her aginst his chest, when Tabitha turned
her head and saw me sitting there. She immediately scrambled around, lept
from his hands and onto my chest... "Mommy!!   You're finally home!! Wait
til I tell you how mean Samantha has been to me!!"  It made me feel so good
that she missed me so much.  Samantha is still stomping around like the pig
that ate Atlanta but is getting more and more   attached to me, finally.  In
fact, when I am holding both of them, they constantly vie for who can get
the closest to me.  I usually have one pig completely under my chin, against
my throat and one shoved up against that one, as far as they can get.  I
look like I have a guinea pig beard.  :)

Samantha was doing her rumble strut routine the other day and basically
giving Tabitha a really hard time.  Finally, Tabitha was sitting there,
minding her own business and munching on some of her dried treats when here
comes Sammy, rumbling and swaying and approaching her from the back.  Tab
totally ignored her until Sam kind of sidled up beside her and nudged her.
Tabitha, without missing a bite, kicked out with her back left leg and sent
Sammy off in a squealing protest.  LOL. This happened over and over.  You
go, Kung Fu Piggy!   Finally, Sam gave up.  I think she is back to normal
now.  Well, much more to tell you all about but I will try to do so in a few
posts, so I don't completely bog down the list.

Thank you for all the prayers, concern and e-mails from all of you.  I truly
appreciate it and we are so glad to be  back here with all of you again.

Hugs, wheeks and whisker kisses,

Lynn, Samantha & Tabitha