[Gpdd] MISC A message from Gulliver

Penny Charlesworth piggyfriends at tesco.net
Thu Oct 2 11:46:44 EDT 2008

Hello everyone and everypig,

Our Slave has the temerity to go away on a holiday! We will be very well taken care of as her son, Sean, is coming to pigsit. He used to help take care of us all when he lived here so he knows what he is doing plus he can phone our wonderful Rodentologists for help if he needs them. Also, we can pretend that we are starving and wheek for extra nibbles. We always get extra lap time when he is home.

As our Slave is packing, I have a few messages to send.

First of all, we all want to send a Big Piggy Welcome Back to Lynn, not to mention Tabitha and Samantha. It is so good to have you all back with us.

We are so pleased that Barnee Munchee is doing so much better. Go Barnee!!

Then we want to send Happy Adoption Day Wishes to Princess Snowflake. Slave can't believe that it is a year since you arrived.

We loved Igor's latest PLAY and look forward to many more. We are also delighted that more SCAMPS pigtures and stories are appearing on the website and hope that many more Slaves will send in details of their masters. We also like the little pigtures of the GPDD calendar pigs in the corner. Well done Mikey!!

Our Sapphire has been poorly with a nasty throat infection and Slave had to syringe feed her and give her lots of nasty meds but she is recovering now and is able to eat her veggies again. She was going to board with our Rodentologists during Slave's holiday but now that she is able to eat again, she will stay with us. Sean is going to take extra care of her.

I'm glad that she is staying as our Rodentologists have just taken in 16 very poorly piggies as part of a rescue and they will be so busy. These piggies all have bad skin problems, some very young ones are pregnant and they are all in need of a lot of TLC. They were all starving and are very frightened. They couldn't be in a better place than Cavies' Castle, where they will receive the best care anywhere. I know this all too well as they saved me when I was badly injured by a rabbit and Chris nursed me back to health.

When these little piggies are ready to be rehomed, some of them will be coming here to be Piggyfriends. More news on that later as I will not be able to use the laptop while Slave is away.

I think that Slave would like to stay home and help out with these little ones but John, her husband, needs a holiday as he works very long hours. He doesn't think that he is a Slave because he doesn't actually look after us but he carries big bales of hay and feed around, takes all of our rubbish to the tip, collects newspapers for our pens and sometimes he even cuts a box of grass so, in our eyes, that makes him a Slave anyway.

We would all like to wish everypig and every Slave happiness, good health and lots of grass and veggies.

See you again soon,

Take care everyone and hugs all round,

Gulliver, spokespig for the Piggyfriends and Slave Penny.