[Gpdd] CARE: Abandonment by slaves who go on holiday

Stefanie Duffy stefanieduffy at hotmail.com
Fri Oct 3 17:06:47 EDT 2008

Hello Gulliver and the Piggyfriends! It's Orinoco here from the Surrey Squeakers. I like the term "spokespig" and I have decided to become the voice for our herds. I hope your slave has a lovely holiday. It has suddenly become cold here and so I hope she's going somewhere sunny! I'm sure you will be spoiled by Sean and will soon have him wrapped round your paws. Our senior slave, the father of our slave, fell off a ladder in May whilst painting an upstairs window (as you do, at 83) and he hasn't really been himself since. He still gets our daily grass, thank goodness, but when our slave went to France in August we had to be fed by our neighbour and cleaned out by our Sean equivalent, Martin. We survived very well and have gained a fan club in the process! Our slave's husband does not really count himself as a slave either, but every day when he phones from the office his first question is "How are the pigs?", he buys giant corn cobs (with leaves on) from the greengrocer near his work, and has a "pig box" for newspapers, magazines and paper in the back of the office. We think that's enough to qualify him as a slave. Martin has a van and drives out to buy bales of hay and takes our rubbish to the tip and so I suppose he's a slave too. It's good to have all these people working for you isn't it?!

Orinoco and the Surrey Squeakers