[Gpdd] [RAINBOW BRIDGE] Condolences for Ernie

Debbie Jones pals4pets at cheerful.com
Sun Oct 5 04:44:53 EDT 2008

Luita and Bert We wish to express our sincere condolences on the
departure to The Rainbow Bridge of your beloved SCAMP, Ernie. It is
dreadful to think of him being abandoned as an unwanted pocket pet in the
freezing cold month of February, and being adopted by you must have
seemed like a dream come true to him. It is no wonder he was mistrustful
of humans apart from yourself and your partner. He sounds a real
character, and we are especially impressed by the report of his ability
to find hidden treats - it is a game we have never tried, but will now.
What a credit it is to your excellent care that a piggie from such a
deprived background should have lived to such a ripe old age - and full
marks to your vet for taking him home with her, it shows what a special
pig he must have been. We are sure Ernie will have appreciated your final
act of love when the time for departure came, and the fact that he had
such a comfortable position from which to begin his final journey. Even
SCAMP piggies do not live long enough. May it bring you some comfort to
know that members of our special gpdd community all over the world
understand and share the sorrow you are feeling, and wish you well.
Debbie and the 10 Dolly Mixtures

"We patronize them for their incompleteness,
for their tragic fate of having taken a form so far below ourselves.
And therein we err, and greatly err.
For the animal shall not be measured by man.
In a world older and more complete than ours
they move finished and complete, gifted
with extensions of the senses we have lost or never attained,
living by voices we shall never hear.
They are not brethren, they are not underlings;
they are other nations, caught with ourselves
in the net of life and time, fellow prisoners
of the splendour and travail of the earth".
Henry Beston

--
Be Yourself @ mail.com!
Choose From 200+ Email Addresses