[Gpdd] [HEALTH] Older Piggies Health

Glynis Robson Glynis at garnay.com.au
Tue Oct 7 00:40:22 EDT 2008

I've noticed recently that a few of us have been talking about our
SCAMPS and their health and quality of life.
I too have a boy who's the grand age of 6 years 8 months and a few days,
my little darling boy has pneumonia, a crust eye, bumblefoot and a
cauliflower penis and he too doesn't move around as his back legs are
stiff and wobbly and he's managed to rub off the hair on his nose from
over cleaning with his arthritic tootsies.  He is also now being totally
fed by me, 5 critical care feeds a day plus many hours of handfeeding
him any leaves or veggie i can get him to eat.  His eagerness to reach
out still for his leaves and even corn sometimes is heartening.
I also have to clean his little bottom for him as he's impacted most
days.
Another thing i do is cream up his feet every feed as well, he lays
quite patiently on his back in my arms and lets me do the tootsies but
if i rub too hard, i get a little wheek from him.

BUT he still has the attitude, some days not as much,  i feel that he
still wants to be here with me and our world here.

I can't make the decision to let him travel as yet, i'm hoping he will
make that decision quietly one day.

I am hoping that if somebody else reads this and is unsure about their
little piggie and their quality of life, that you can see that even tho
Duke goes thru this each day, he so loves his cuddles and our time
together and at this stage i could not take this away from him.   One
day he'll travel to be with his beloved brother Sully, but till that day
i'll do his tendering and love every single moment of it.

Love
Glynis and Duke (in mem Sully) xxxx