[Gpdd] ANNOUNCE - new addition

Andrew a1.mills at portset.net
Wed Oct 15 14:59:19 EDT 2008

Hello, with all the sad news lately I thought people might like to hear some happy news instead.  Last week somebody at work asked me if I had room for another guinea pig.  She'd had two female guinea pigs and one had died suddenly.  She didn't want to get any more and felt that her remaining piggy needed some company, so knowing I had guinea pigs she asked if I could take her.  Apparently she didn't eat much for a couple of ays and then became very noisy, when she was with her friend she'#d hardly made any noise at all so she was obviously missing her.  I had to ask mum if it was o.k. to have her and she said it was.  So, today Ethel came to live with us.  She's a little ginger abby with red eyes, quite small and a little on the nervous side.  I've got two girls who I'm hoping she'll be able to live with, they're both quite easy going so I think they'll get on fine.  Although she's a bit nervous and doesn't like being picked up very much, once you've got her in your arms sh!
 e soon settles down and seems to quite enjoy it.  Obviously I've only had her for a few hours so haven't got to know her yet but I think she's going to settle pretty quick and be glad of the company.  She was  obviously missing her cage mate who she'd been with all her life so hopefully a couple of new piggy friends will make her feel more herself.  I'm not sure of her age, I've forgotten whether she was 2.5 or 3.5, I'll have to ask again.  Her previous owner did tell me last week but I can't remember now which it was.  Luckily she was being fed the same food as I already feed my guinea pigs so there won't be any change of diet needed for her which will make things easier.  Apparently she likes most fresh foods but her favourites are tomato and carrot.  I hope she'll be happy here.