[Gpdd] MISC I must be an overprotective slave

Penny Charlesworth piggyfriends at tesco.net
Sat Oct 18 04:57:01 EDT 2008

I am not unlucky enough to have deer ravaging my garden but other wildlife can pass by so, as the Piggyfriends love to go outside to graze if we get a dry day, they are all wormed regularly as a preventative.

Every three months, they all have a dose of Panacur or Valbazan wormer. Peter Gurney advocated this, as do the CCT ( Cambridge Cavy Trust ) and Cavies' Castle ( my Rodentologists ) but I wonder if any overseas piggies have this treatment.

Maybe this will just confirm that we are all nuts in England!!

I'm sure that we all worm our dogs and cats but what about other pets?

Here are some wise words. http://www.oginet.com/pgurney/worming.htm

I give mine 0.4ml for an adult pig, half as much for a small one and for youngsters when they reach 6 months or thereabouts.

Penny and the Piggyfriends.