[Gpdd] Behavior: Marmite

Dukejan1 at aol.com Dukejan1 at aol.com
Sat Oct 18 11:27:08 EDT 2008

I'm wondering if Marmite's aggressiveness isn't caused by the differences  in
ages.  Isabel and Lily (over 5 yrs old) still haven't accepted Luke  (nearly
1 yr old), so Marmite and the other two piggies are pretty near those  same
ages.

My girls won't talk to Luke and barely look at him while he scream and  yells
his little lungs out.  None of the piggies are neutered, so I'm  keeping the
sows separate.  Even if I did neuter him, I'm not sure he'd be  accepted.  It
just seems cruel to him to keep him very near the girls, so I  keep him across
the room to keep stress levels down but allow him to have  some piggie
communication.  Floortime is done on separate floors, as  Luke has demonstrated some
escape artistry.  Any thoughts?
Janet, Isabel, Lily, and Luke