[Gpdd] (Bridge) Re: Scrabble

Stacy Harvey ckrtsqrl2000 at yahoo.com
Sun Oct 26 13:12:39 EDT 2008

Debbie,

We were so sorry to read of your dear Scrabble's departure for the Bridge. It seems you and Penny have had more than your share of losses this year.

 I am also terribly sorry to hear of the ineptitude of the local vet. Having been privy to several exotics euthanasias (either my own piggies or other clients' pets, as a Vet Tech), I can tell you it is difficult for even an experienced doctor to perform perfectly, and also difficult to watch. Ethically, I think the vet should have said she'd never done one and perhaps sent you home with some pain meds and allow Scrabble to pass on his own. But that is just my opinion. One of the reasons I'm working for the doctor where I'm at now is because if she's uncomfortable doing anything, she'll tell you she can't do it, even if it's awkward. I'm sure Scrabble knew you were there for him until the end and that you were trying to do the right thing.

I could say "don't beat yourself up" or "don't second-guess yourself", but I'd be a hyprocrite, as I do that very same thing every time I lose one. Instead I'll say, Try not to be too hard on yourself. I know it's har not to, though. Our thoughts are with you.

I also offer condolences to all who have lost a piggy recently. I wish I could write to everyone personally. I have been "lurking" more on the Digest, seems that's all I have time for lately. But you are all in my thoughts, even if I don't post.

-Stacy and the Squee Squad (with 2 new additions that I'll write about later)