[Gpdd] MISC Condolences for Scrabble

Penny Charlesworth piggyfriends at tesco.net
Sun Oct 26 19:06:48 EDT 2008

Debbie and the Dolly Mixtures,

We are truly sorry to read that dear Scrabble has departed for the Rainbow Bridge.

Both of you struggled so long against the dreaded Bumblefoot and it is so sad that the little soldier lost his final battle. I'm glad that you have those final memories of him munching the grass so try and focus on those and not on that last day at the vets.

I always hope that my Piggyfriends will depart at a time of their choosing, slipping away without pain and I do so wish that you did not have to rely on such incompetent vets in France. When their time comes, I hope that a dose of analgesia will keep them from any pain and allow them to drift away on that final journey.

Etienne, the wonderful vet who treated the Piggyfriends for so many years, used the anaesthetic gas, Isoflurane, when it was necessary to help anyone's small furry on his/her way to the Bridge. He used the same little plastic anaesthetic box that he would use prior to an operation and send them gently to sleep and I wonder if your vet could improvise such a device for future use with any of their patients.

Know that, as always, you did your very best for dear Scrabble and he is now free from pain, able to run with his old friends at the Rainbow Bridge. That is a lovely pigture of him enjoying the sunshine on the Scamps site.

We are concerned that you have to endure some kind of surgery and trust that you will soon recover.

Love to the remaining Dolly Mixtures.

With our deepest sympathy,

Penny and the Piggyfriends.