[Gpdd] RANBOW BRIDGE: belated condolences, Kadee

Conklin Kacee Kacee.Conklin at HCAHealthcare.com
Mon Oct 27 11:31:56 EDT 2008

Thank you, Cindy.  I'm afraid Kadee's cage mate, Barnee, is not doing so well.  As you may recall, he had a bunch of bladder stones and possibly some in his kidney.  We put him back on the antibiotic, etc. and he seemed to be doing better.  He recently started sounding very congested so I took him to the vet.  It looks like he's got congestive heart failure and he is now also on Lasix.  He's eating, particularly the celery I have been giving him, but he mainly sits facing the corner by his hay rack.  Barnee is about 7 1/2 so he's really lived a long and hopefully good life.  Still, he is a sweet boy and I hate seeing him just facing the corner like that.  I knew Kadee was in trouble when she was sitting facing the corner in the back of their cage.  I spend lots of cuddle time with Barnee in the evening so hopefully he knows how much he means to me.

Kacee and the Munchees 16