[Gpdd] [ANNOUNCE] Rainbow Bridge: Huck

DL1Bossfan at aol.com DL1Bossfan at aol.com
Tue Oct 28 00:08:19 EDT 2008

It is with tears and a heavy heart that I announce that my sweet Huck
crossed the bridge today.  He has been having good and bad days for quite a  while.
Given his age and frail condition, I decided (after several vet  trips) to
keep him as comfortable and happy as I could for as long as I  could.  I would
have made a quick decision to help him cross the bridge  when and if he showed
obvious signs of pain.  I was off work since last  Thursday and Friday.
During that time, I felt in my heart the time was  near.  I guess it is just a
feeling you get.  We spent lots of  couch time together.  He was a little soldier
-- always a cuddlebug --  never crying out.  This morning I fed him Critical
Care before going to  work.  He was still eating on his own, but loved the
extra feedings of  CC.  I kissed him and put him back in his cage.  When I
returned from  work this afternoon, he was gone.  It was so strange -- a normally
"wheeking" house of piggies were so quiet.  Huck was blessed by my priest  on
October 4th.  I am comforted by that.  I buried him in the backyard  under the
stars tonight.  He is resting close to the statue of St. Francis.  Rest in
peace little one -- you have brought such joy and (now) sadness to  me.  In loving
memory of you Huckleberry.  You will be greatly  missed.
Donna and the SC piggies
Thatcher, Big Jim, Houdini, Zion, and Aunt Polly