[Gpdd] Misc: Re: I must be an overprotective slave

leah.mcneil at wachovia.com leah.mcneil at wachovia.com
Tue Oct 28 16:13:23 EDT 2008

Geeeeeez Joanne!
You are one Psycho Slave!!! ha ha! Oh, I am totally kidding. Actually, I
was thinking the
same thing as you. I'm so scared to give my piggies anything from the
outdoors cuz unless
you can guarantee that leaves or grass or whatever is totally safe...well,
let's just say I'm not
a risk taker. Since I moved to North Carolina, I learned (the hard way)
that fire ants are
popular down here. And a couple of months before my Beloved Butterscotch
passed
away, he had a bite on him and I swear it was a fire ant bite. I used to
let him and Brownie
Bear graze in my backyard, but very rarely because I know that some
neighbors would
treat their lawns. And now, after BS getting bit, I am just downright
paranoid. Princess
Snowflake has never been allowed to graze in the yard. And now that I'm
living in a
townhouse (rental) where my yard is maintained, I would never let her in
the grass
because I'm pretty sure they treat the grass, cuz it's green...but a
little Too Green, if you
know whatta mean. :-)

So, you're not alone, Joanne, cuz I'm PSYCHO toooooo...Wheeeeek!

                      Love 'n Wheeeeeeeps,
                           Leah...Psycho Slave to Princess Snowflake
                                                    & Bertie Pig :-)

I'm reading about whether or not to give fall leaves to our piggies.
I would never. Then again, I am overprotective!  My mom has apple
trees on her property and I use only the branches (making sure there
are no sharp edges), but I don't give them the leaves. Due to ticks
and fleas, plus lots of wildlife, I don't put my pigs on the grass,
either.  I'm sure they would love it, but I just can't risk them
eating anything they shouldn't (like deer poop), etc. I'd rather be
safe than sorry so I stick with fruit and veggies.
Just my 2 cents.

Joanne
Spicy, Merri, Macie, Teddy, Baci, Sweetie