[Gpdd] [HEALTH] Lasix and Congestive Heart Failure

Ann Evans ann.evans at hintlink.com
Wed Oct 29 16:02:12 EDT 2008

Dear Slaves,

I would appreciate if people who have used Lasix long term for
congestive heart failure would please share your experiences with me.
For example how much lasix is given/day? What is the concentration if
using liquid lasix or the dose if using Lasix tablets? How long have you
had a piggy on lasix? And any information that you would like to share
with me. My experience with lasix is giving a cavy a one off injection
of 0.2ml of 5% lasix when the piggy had a respiratory infection that
included fluid in the lungs. This was recommended by Vedra
Stanley-Spatcher of the Cambridge Cavy Trust. I currently have a 7 year
old cavy that has congestive heart failure and I feed her lots of celery
and cucumbers that have diuretic properties. She also has cataracts in
both eyes and arthritis. I keep her very comfortable with pain meds and
spoil her with lots of lap time, treats and love. She in turn gives me
lots of piggy kisses. She pretty much just wants to eat and sleep and
tell me if I am a minute late on giving her treats on her schedule.
Luckily I work from home so I can spend a lot of time with her. So
please if you have info that you would like to share with me publicly or
privately, contact me.

Thank you, Ann and the Rescued Piggys of Piggyville Tampa Florida USA