[Gpdd] Rainbow bridge ; LITTLE PIG

davedave121 at aol.com davedave121 at aol.com
Tue Sep 2 07:05:19 EDT 2008

At 12.35am on Monday the 8th  my beloved little pig died in my arms.
Little pig had been for his routine molar work at the vets on Wednesday
(he had a malocclusion), on Thursday he stopped eating , I took him
back to the vet that afternoon , vet said there was nothing to worry
about, it was just an ulcer caused by the molar work the day before and
to give him metacam and syringe feed him for a few days and to bring
him back on Monday.
I did my treat rounds on Sunday evening and little pig was laying down
no looking to well , I picked him up and sat with him , stroking his
ear (he always loved that), and at 12.35am he passed very peacefully in
my arms, no pain.

Little pig was a white pink eyed pig , I say eye as he lost the sight
in one eye in his younger days in a skirmish, he was a bit of a rebel
in his youth , he mellowed after a while, and although very much his
own pig, I could always get half an hours quality time with him by
stroking behind his ears.

Little pig was pen mate to Katty a brown Abyssinian type sow, they are
the only pair we have allowed to breed , and we have 4 adorable babies
 from them on the 10.04.07, (Baby Pig, Crinkle, Polly, and Mouse.) two
boys tow girls .  Then we got little pig nutterd.

The two things I will remember the most about little pig was his no
compromise personality, he was his own pig, if he did=2
0not want to do
something , you had your work cut out, and on the other side of him
there was a loving peaceful soul who would sit on your lap for hours.

And the total bond that he formed with Katty, they where so loving
towards each other , they would spend a lot of there day grooming each
other , it was a true joy to watch . And for me it’s these times that
make it all worth while.
Thank you little pig ,I love you, and I miss you so much sweetheart.

Dave of Dave &Yvonne of PP