[Gpdd] [BEHAVIOUR] Update on the new pigs Marmite and Jessica

Donna Grant lsdmg at hotmail.com
Tue Sep 9 15:54:45 EDT 2008

Hi all,

I thought I'd post an update on my new pigs Marmite and Jessica. I spent ages cuddling them on the sofa but couldn't make Jesscia move at all - she was playing statues I think. Marmite was won round with cucumber and was putty in my hand after a while. After days of cuddles and offerings of cucumber I wasn't making any head way with Jessica. Tonight I brought out my old piggie Abby for her usual run around in the conservatory and she was running around making contented wheeks. I had Jessica and Marmite out on the sofa in there with more offerings of food and as soon as they heard Abby wheeking away they both sprung into life! In fact Jessica was almost ripping the cucumber out of Marmite's mouth. It's funny how their little personalities come out when they are comfortable. I feel like I've made progress with them and they seem to be quite happy knowing Abby is around so I doubt it will be long before I attempt to introduce them all. I'm sure Abby will keep them both in check and show them what's what around here!

The lady I adopted the girls from has 6 boys still looking for homes. If anyone in the Oxfordshire area of the UK is looking to buy/adopt a guinea pig please email me (lsdmg at hotmail.com) and I'll put you in touch with her.

Thanks,
Donna