[Gpdd] [HEALTH] Duke's update

Glynis Robson Glynis at garnay.com.au
Wed Sep 10 00:42:22 EDT 2008

Thankyou firstly to the many many emails we've received, it's these that
keep us going........
THANKYOU xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

I'm afraid the antibiotics just don't seem to be working, we're on day
10 of the tribrissen, no idea how many of Flagyl and no idea of how many
of Baytril.........too long over 4 weeks now.
After he had his toofie trim on monday i had a good chat with Brendan,
he thinks it's not worth getting a fluid sample from his little chest
and doing a culture....he told me to do maintenance with him, give him
his antibiotics and lots of love and feeding.  His x rays showed
scarring and a lot of fluid grrrrrrrrrrrr
One more thing i did ask if he was in pain, they said they didn't think
so.

So we do drugs twice a day, metacam twice a day, his probiotics once a
day, every feed (now up to 5 CC feeds a day - 2am, 7.30am, noon, 4pm,
8.30pm) he gets water with vitamin C added, and of course i try to hand
feed his veggies.  He's refusing his corn, cauli, apple and canteloupe,
but last night i got a tiny bit of cucumber into him.  He'll happily let
me feed him parsley, spinach leaves, cos lettuce and any other green
leafy i can find... tho at times it goes in gets nice and soggy and then
he manages to spit it out.

If anyone has anymore ideas about keeping him comfortable i'd so
appreciate you telling me.
I also change his bedding every feed so as he's not sitting in wet
towels as he seems to be barely moving around his cage now.

Glynis (a sad slave) and Duke (a little trooper) (in mem Sully) xxxx