[Gpdd] [Silly]:Really Sound Sleeper

Audrey Binder agbmcmd at yahoo.com
Fri Sep 12 17:16:46 EDT 2008

I thought we could all use something funny, so I'm sharing.  Usually guinea pigs are very light sleepers - I guess because they are prey animals in the wild.  Well, my GP Gordon is a really sound sleeper, and he loves his sleep.  I didn't realize this, and came down to his cage one morning before I went to work to say "good morning" and to feed him.  Well, he was sleeping in his litter box (not his cosy or bed) and his eyes were open.  When I spoke to him, I got no response and panicked, thinking the worse.  I touched him and he jumped up and gave me a look, like "why did you wake me up?".  I have since realized that he is just a very sound sleeper, who sleeps with his eyes open, and nothing wakes him up if he is not ready.  He has a little overstuffed chair that is his favorite place to sleep, and he stretches out in it, goes to sleep (usually with his eyes open) and absolutely nothing seems to disturb him.  He is a real character!  Does
 anyone have similar experiences?

Audrey and her (really sound sleeper) Gordon
(Remembering Reese)