[Gpdd] Announce: There's a New Pig in Town--Introducing...Bertrand!!!

leah.mcneil at wachovia.com leah.mcneil at wachovia.com
Mon Sep 15 10:20:26 EDT 2008

Hello Piggies & Slaves!
I've been a busy, busy Slave trying to get things ready
for the new pig. I was going to go to MGPR's Adoption
Party, so the Princess could meet some piggies, but I
didn't realize how far it was (in Takoma, MD). Sooooo,
Judi met me at Mary's (B-Bear & B'scotch's piggie-sitter
in Virginia). That way, I didn't have to drive as far. How
nice. So, PS & I stayed with Mary on Saturday night and
Judi brought the new piggie (Bertrand) on Sunday to meet
the Princess.

Bertrand is a neutered boy, he is approximately 2 years/
3 months old. He's a big boy and I think he might be LAPS
material, but I won't know until I weigh him. He is tan/white/
brown and has the sweeetest, little face. I think he is mostly
an Abby, but I see some evidence of the Agouti breed too,
so he's a mix of something. He's really interesting-looking
and he has kind of a Bohawk (a Mohawk located on his
back). I must say, he's absolutely Gorgeous! His official
name is Bertrand, but whee will call him Bertie for short.
He came to MGPR from a shelter in West Virginia that was
not equiped for piggies and he was almost put down...Yikes!
But, Thank God! MGPR saved him and Judi (Lainer) was
his foster Mommy Slave.

Yesterday, when Bertie and PS met, they were totally fine with
each other and there was no fighting...Whew! I was so scared
they were gonna fight, anticipating the worst. But, everything
went swell. It took me 5 hours/10 min to get back to Charlotte,
NC and after about an hour, they slept most of the way (in
the same carrier) so that was good. When whee got home,
I set up their new palace. I was careful not to let the Princess
see their new cage and accessories. I'm keeping them in
a 5x2 C&C cage and they Love it! I had to go to a mix of
shredded paper and CareFresh for their bedding, for
obvious reasons ($$$). And I bought new pigloos, and
water bottles. And I'm using a bigger food dish. I wanted
everything to be new so that PS would hopefully be less
territorial. And guess what?!? It Worked!!! They are living
together as of last night and boy! am I relieved. I didn't want
to keep them separate cuz that is so much work, ya know.

So, anyways, I just wanted to introduce Bertie to everyone
and WELCOME my new boy to the Digest!!! I am Sooooooo
Happy and Excited and I can't wait to start working on his first
website...Wheeeeek!

      Love 'n Wheeeeeeeeeeeps,
           Leah...Slave to Princess Snowflake & Bertie :-)

P.S. PS wanted to let her Hubby, Prince Teddy know that
she Loves him and that her Heart will Always be with him...
and that Bertie is her 'Best Friend' and that he totally understands
that she is married. <wink wink> ;-)