[Gpdd] [HEALTH] Free-Range Training / Neutering

Sasha Yates raya07 at mac.com
Sat Sep 20 03:22:01 EDT 2008

Hi,

I'm a returning member of the Guinea Pig Daily Digest for a few years now but I haven't posted anything for 2 years.  But I'd like to start back up again.  My guinea pigs Cocoa and Mocha are doing well.  My mom just got a male guinea pig named Yuuki and I'm trying to help her assimilate to a life with a guinea pig.  But I don't have any experience with male guinea pigs.  Are there benefits to getting him neutered even if my mom doesn't plan to get another guinea pig?  Will it affect his temperament or will it not make any difference?
Also, my mom wanted to train him to be a free-range pig.  I was wondering if people have experience with this and what's the best way to do that etc.

Thank you for your time,

Sasha (surrogate piggie slave to Yuuki)