[Gpdd] Rescue; Questions about rescues

M MFug at live.co.uk
Sat Sep 20 12:38:06 EDT 2008

On Bertrands website they say they will not let you adopt a piggy if you already have animals that live outside, is this because they consider piggys to be indoor pets?

My local RSPCA will not let you adopt piggys unless they live in an outdoor hutch and have access to a secure run for grazing all day every day, which given our climate I think is a bit mad.

I know of another rescue that will not let you adopt if you use woodshavings for bedding, and yet another rescue that has been using woodshavings for 40 years with no problem.

So I am really interested in what the different policies around the world are, and of course more input from a UK point of view would be great.

Thanks M