[Gpdd] HEALTH Neutering and free range.

Penny Charlesworth piggyfriends at tesco.net
Sun Sep 21 09:35:42 EDT 2008

Hello Sasha and welcome to your surrogate piggy Yuuki.

There is no need for Yuuki to be neutered. It will make not the slightest difference to his temperament and will save him from the pain and danger of an unnecessary operation.

I never have my boars neutered and have several pairs happily living together, even though I have pens of sows nearby.

As you are new to boars, have a look at this website, specifically written about them. The spelling and grammar is appalling but the information is first class. There is a special "Boar Health" section too.

http://www.susieandpigs.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/home.htm

Having my piggies free range is not practical when I have so many but have a look at this, which could give you both some ideas.

http://www.guineapigcages.com/freerange.htm

Regards from Penny and the Piggyfriends.