[Gpdd] MISC Amelia's piglets

Penny Charlesworth piggyfriends at tesco.net
Tue Sep 23 12:36:54 EDT 2008

Jean and Andy.

I always keep litter brothers together. I currently have Cadbury living with his litter brother Bramley. Barley lives with his son, Rye and other boars are paired up with a friend.

My house is full of piggy pens and the pairs of boys are right next to pens of sows but there is never any fighting. I have found that pair of boars bond together so well that although they often chat to the girls, there is no aggression.

Past Piggyfriend boar brothers include Rolo and Raffles, who shared a pen for nearly seven years without the slightest hint of a fight, despite their pen being right between two groups of sows.

Years ago I had 8 baby boars from a group of 4 "sows", whom I was asked to rehome only one of these "sows" was a boar and we had a population explosion. All the boars were paired up without any trouble.

Give Ringer and Trigger a try.

Hugs for Amelia and the babes.

Penny and the Piggyfriends.