[Gpdd] Emergency: Piggy Foot bleeding

Algernon07 at aol.com Algernon07 at aol.com
Sun Sep 28 22:04:43 EDT 2008

I'm sure that you'll have dealt with the problem by the time you get this but
a septic pencil or powder or cornstarch (which I use -- I pour a palm full
and hold the little foot in it to stop the bleeding   (while I feel like some
kind of monster) but what I clean it with is peroxide. Doesn't sting nearly as
much as alcohol and I think has better results. If it only bled   little bit,
your piggy is lucky! It was after I had injured a piggy toe that I began
covering the litter in their cages with some kind of cloth. I now use baby receiving
blankets -- they work great. The idea though was to keep the bedding from
irritating the foot.

I'm sure all is well with you and your piggy by now. I'm almost phobic about
cutting my piggies toenails and some nights do only one foot per night.

Alge and Company