[Gpdd] Rainbow Bridge: Callie's gone

Glenda English gapeachge at yahoo.com
Mon Sep 29 10:00:47 EDT 2008

Morning all,

Our precious Callie passed over the rainbow bridge yesterday morning.  She was just shy of being 4 years, 5 months old.  She'd gotten kind of frail and had not been eating good last week.  On Friday, I told my daugher, who's had Callie since she was 3 months old, that I didn't think she'd be with us much longer.  The other piggie, Cookie, had been standing watch over Callie for several days. Cookie is 7.5 months.

Callie held out until my daughter was home yesterday.  She appeared to have a stroke shortly after she got on the floor, running around a little wildly, and Meg picked her up and held her.  Callie curled up in her arms and stopped breathing not even a minute later.   We had a  tearful funeral and  we're just both weepy and sad and heart broken.

She was such a sweet little piggie.  Cookie has been looking everywhere for her and didn't like being in the cage by herself last night.  We'll get her a new cage mate soon.  I don't want her to be alone for too long.  I'm at work and Meg's at school, but we're just going through the motions today.  It'll be a hard, sad week.

Hugs,
Glenda in Douglas, GA