[Gpdd] CARE Detangling Peruvian's hair

Penny Charlesworth piggyfriends at tesco.net
Mon Sep 29 17:31:28 EDT 2008

Sandi.

I do not know of a product that would help with detangling your Peruvian's hair but when longhaired piggies have arrived here in need of a detangle, I have cut off the offending mats, neatened up the surrounding hair and started again. It soon regrows. This would not be much help for a show pig but for pet piggies it is not a problem.

If the mats are not too bad you might be able to cut, very carefully, through the centre of the mat and gently tease the hair apart. It depends on how co-operative your piggy is.

It is easier to remove mats when the coat is wet, so I shampoo a tangled piggy and ease out the mats in the bath. I find it easier to cut hopeless mats out of the coat when they are wet. Also the piggy cannot run away when he/she is confined to the bath.

Good luck with your Marilyn.

Penny and the Piggyfriends.