[Gpdd] CARE: Are dandelion flowers edible?

pat schuett bunzella at yahoo.ca
Wed Apr 1 22:04:24 EDT 2009

Hi Joanie,

Dandelion flowers are a great favourite with my piggies who have been eating them for years.  I believe all parts of the dandelion are edible and even beneficial (I think they are supposed to be a urinary-system tonic).  I used to worry that the fuzzy flowers would get stuck in the piggies' throats but they seem to munch them up well and have never had a problem with them.

                                            Pat S.
                                            (slave to Doris, Audrey & Olivia)