[Gpdd] MISC- Midnight's news article

Suzy Dünser suzy at dunser.com
Fri Apr 10 19:21:50 EDT 2009

Hi Jaime,

I think the author was trying to show how she was educated by Ric and
Denise about the value of guinea pigs, by giving her previous opinion
and then writing what she'd learned. Certainly the later part of the
article sounded a bit like an instruction manual! But I agree with you
that she went on a little long in the negative vein, and I don't think
the reference to guinea pigs as food was all that warranted. After
all, people eat dogs in some parts of the world, yet it's not
regularly mentioned as a juxtaposition to the value of dogs as pets!

One thing that did come through in the article is how dedicated Ric
and Denise are to their piggies, and that they brought joy to the
kindegarteners with them, too.

(Okay, so now that I've revealed I am still reading the digest,
despite not ever posting and even, to my MAJOR CHAGRIN, missing the
candle lighting, I will sink back into the chaos of the rest of my
life... I am still making time to clean the little man's nose, though,
and the cheilitis is significantly reduced, although not gone yet.)

Cheers and wheeks from Suzy and Rocky ("at least I get extra leaves
after she picks my nose")
and Cocoa in our hearts