[Gpdd] bumble foot soaking!

Jenni mydogpirate at cfl.rr.com
Wed Apr 15 08:10:19 EDT 2009

Dear Kate,
I treated Wolfi's bumblefoot successfully-whew!
I used a small glass "custard cup" and epsom's salts & warm water.
Put just enough warm water to cover the foot and ankle in the little dish.  Then I'd prop him securely and comfortingly against me with my arm all around him -I'd sit him on the arm of the couch with towels under him and pop his little foot into the dish. Tilt dish slightly so edge doesn't dig into his chest.  Keep your body snuggly against him, if pulls foot out, pop back in calmly and encourage, get him to just relax- soaked for about 10-20 min. at a time 3 x daily for about 2 weeks. Sometimes I would feed him a baby carrot while soaking, always a treat afterwards!  After his foot was not so tender and swelling went down, I could actually gently rub his foot lightly while it was in the soak.  The towel will get wet, but just don't let him drink it. Persevere, it actually worked (along with Baytril oral)!  Good luck- write anytime with questions or for support!
Wheeks!  -Jenni & Ikkle Burkle Tumblehog & Gigi