[Gpdd] BEHAVIOR: Greeting after long absence

GARY HESS joanhess4 at sbcglobal.net
Fri Apr 17 14:20:11 EDT 2009

We just got back from a week long RV trip, during which I missed my Hershey terribly. All I could think of on the way home was seeing her popcorn and hearing her squeak a welcome home. Instead, she acted afraid of me. I was heartbroken!! Later on, my son caught her (with difficulty) and put her on my lap. Eventually, she settled down and started talking. What a relief! I know her caretaker in my absence is a kind person, and respectful of animals' feelings, so I'm certain she didn't frighten Hershey. Has anyone had anything like this happen? What do you think was going on in Hershey's mind?

Joanie