[Gpdd] [gpdd] Rainbow Bridge: Baby Bear

John Zimmer jez_84 at hotmail.com
Mon Apr 20 19:29:16 EDT 2009

Greetings Everyone,

I just wanted to let everyone know that Baby Bear joined her mama, Mama Bear, and all the other beloved pets/animals that have passed on to the Bridge.

She was doing well for a while, after putting up with all the treatments I lovingly did as prescribed by her/our vet. However, she started to have problems with her front legs next and even though her eye healed nicely I believe she lost the sight in that eye. Also, even though she ate everything I gave her like the little "piggy" she was - right up to the end - and was a steady two pounds (she was always small for a guinea pig) you could feel her bones through her fur.

She became steadily more quiet and lethargic after her last rebound. She was resting at the opening of her pigloo this morning and responded lovingly to my petting her and my words.

Then, this afternoon I found she had passed away, her little body still warm. I also discovered a new sore on her back under her fur so I believe she probably had cancer, even though when I had her x-rayed weeks ago nothing was apparent. Cancer doesn't always result in tumors/masses, sometimes it reveils itself by a sore that won't heal.

I have to admit, I knew she was no longer improving and I decided I would not intervene medically again and put her through any more stress. Though, I did debate taking her to the vet to be "released" from any pain/discomfort she might be having. I didn't do that, though, because she always responded well to my touch and attention.

My one hope was that she would be able to enjoy fresh dandelions, etc, one more time, when they were available. However, that was not to be, not here in this world, anyway.

Now she is free of her earthly burden. Free to be happy and whole and reunited with all those waiting at the Bridge. Free to eat all the good things there.

I'm debating if I should adopt another piggy for Poppy, so she isn't alone, as I adopted her so Baby Bear wouldn't be alone after her mama passed on.

R.I.P. Baby Bear. Poppy, Precious and I miss you terribly.

Thank you, EVERYONE, for your prayers, thoughts and personal e-mails, they are all very much appreciated.

My condolences to everyone who has also had a beloved pet pass on to the Bridge.

Sincerely,

John E. Zimmer

jez_84 at hotmail.com

P.S. Please be sure you add your name to the petition I found here, also: