[Gpdd] Health: Re: Melon RInd

Julie Juwles Johnson juwles at bigpond.com
Mon Apr 20 21:59:36 EDT 2009

Dear Karen

My 9 boys just love their watermelon, especially the rind!   There's never any leftovers of rind, but sometimes they don't eat all the pulp.

I just wish I knew if it was safe to fee piggies the leaves off a mulberry tree.   Knowing they can eat the fruit, one would think the leaves are okay.   But that's not true for tomatoes, so I'm not going to try the mulberry leaves until a GPDD'r or other experienced piggy lover can advise it's safe.

My piggies never get anything to eat that I wouldn't eat myself - if it's not good enough for them, I sure won't touch it! (ha!)

Happy wheeks, squeaks & cuddles,
Julie and her herd of 9 boys

{remembering my darlings - Muppet, Teddy, Dougall, Archie and Brandy forever in my heart and soul - desperately & despairingly missed)