[Gpdd] ANNOUNCEMENTS: Welcome to Velvet and Onyx

Stefanie Duffy stefanieduffy at hotmail.com
Fri Apr 24 13:57:41 EDT 2009

The Surrey Squeakers are wheeking with excitement because they want to welcome their new Australian cousins, Velvet and Onyx. I know you'll love being a slave again, Glynis. I hope Velvet and Onyx are looking forward to their first (virtual) event.

The Squeakers are a little concerned about their LAPS official, Orinoco. It's probably just extreme old age, but she is moving in a very strange way, and has been for several weeks now. All her movements are very jerky and sort of out of control. There is nothing wrong with her feet, and she not paralysed in any limb, and she is eating and enjoying life as usual. She just looks as if she has cerebral palsy. She was one of Peter Gurney's pigs so I've had her 3 years. The lady at the rescue took about 40 of Peter's pigs, I believe, and so it wouldn't have been possible to identify every one with its age (even if Peter knew it). I think she probably said "about a year old" for all of them. If claw thickness is anything to go by, then she's off the scale in age!. I'm sure she's at least rivalling Mickey, who will be 7 next month. Does anyone know if this jerkiness happens in very aged pigs? Thank you.

Stefanie and The Surrey Squeakers