[Gpdd] RAINBOW BRIDGE Belated condolences for SCAMP Bert

Debbie Jones pals4pets at cheerful.com
Sat Apr 25 12:05:29 EDT 2009

Luita and Cinja We were so very sorry to hear that dear old SCAMP Bert
had departed for the Rainbow Bridge. There seem to have been so many
departures just recently, and as we are only just catching up with email
after a time away from the Internet, it seems we are reading about
nothing but departures, and so many of them SCAMPs. It is a credit to
their slaves, of course, when piggies survive to such a ripe old age, and
we should be glad that so many are SCAMPs, but it doesn't make it any
easier to lose them, does it? The longer the time one has with a piggie,
the deeper it seems to bury itself into your heart, until it is so much a
part of you, you cannot really imagine life without it, and then what a
blow when the day of final departure arrives. But we are sure Bert knew
how very deeply he was loved, and he is popcorning around that sun-filled
Rainbow Meadow now with not a care in the world, save that he is
temporarily parted from his devoted slave and his cagemate. We do hope
you are able to find a nice new friend for Cinja. Our dear Zebra was not
keen on accepting a new friend when his brother, Cannelletto, went to The
Bridge, until the cagemate of his neighbour, Fidget, also went to The
Bridge, and then he was happy to move in with Fidget's old cagemate,
Scrabble. Maybe it is sometimes easier to put together two older males
who have been used to sharing a cage with someone else? Certainly
introducing a youngster did not work for Zebra. Please find some small
comfort in the fact that members of the caring gpdd community all over
the world are thinking of you at this very sad time, and wishing you
well. Debbie and the 6 Dolly Mixtures
For the animal shall not be measured by man.
In a world older and more complete than ours
they move finished and complete, gifted
with extensions of the senses we have lost or never attained,
living by voices we shall never hear.
They are not brethren, they are not underlings;
they are other nations, caught with ourselves
in the net of life and time, fellow prisoners
of the splendour and travail of the earth".
Henry Beston

--
It's News. It's Reviews. It's Interviews. It's Free. What Are You Waiting For?
www.movieline.com