[Gpdd] HEALTH: Spunky

GARY HESS joanhess4 at sbcglobal.net
Tue Apr 28 14:11:14 EDT 2009

I'm sorry to hear Spunky's not getting around. Vrie was like that her last couple wheeks, and she was happy as can be. When people get paralyzed, they tend to lose feeling in the affected limbs. I'm suspecting that's how it was for her. She was cheerful and ate heartily. Now with horses, one of the first things my vet would ask is, "Is she eating?" The fact that a sick or injured horse could eat was a good sign that pain wasn't a serious issue. I hope that's true of our piggies.
I'm praying for Spunky!
Joanie