[Gpdd] Misc: Dumped Piggy

dogcatpiggymom at yahoo.com dogcatpiggymom at yahoo.com
Sun Aug 2 01:19:13 EDT 2009

I received a call several days ago from my local animal shelter.
A young woman came in with an adult female guinea pig
that she found alone and shaking in the middle of the very
large parking lot of a Home Depot store.  She thought it was
awfully big for a hamster!  :)  Thankfully, she picked it up
and brought it to the shelter, however, the shelter doesn't
take any animals except dogs and cats.  Luckily, my buddy
Bonnie was there and called me immediately.  I took the
little girl and she was precious!!!  She was dumped for sure
as she is such an affectionate and sweet little girl; she had to
have had a family.  HOW sad that people can have a
pet and then just dump it?!  So, I had it home for a few days
and named her DEBBIE after our very own Debbie Jones.
This pig was beautiful inside and out like our own Debbie.
After looking her over, she had an obvious head tilt (ear
infection?) and small lump on one teat (lipoma?)  I emailed
The Critter Connection of Durham, Connecticut and bless
them!!!  They said they would take her into rescue and get
her to the vet.  So, my Debbie left today.  I am so grateful
to this amazing rescue group (where my own babies came
from) and I know that Debbie will find a wonderful home.
If you'd like to see her pigture, email me and I'll send you
pix of this special little lady!
Just sharing!
Joanne and her happy herd of 6

 In 100 years from now it will not matter
what kind of car I drove or how much money
I had in the bank
but
some lives may be better because I played
an important role in making a difference
for animals.