[Gpdd] HEALTH Edgeworth Limping

Penny Charlesworth piggyfriends at tesco.net
Fri Aug 7 15:03:40 EDT 2009

Hi Jocelyn,

Poor Edgeworth.

Being very low to the ground, piggies can be quite clumsy when running around their cage/pen although I know that Edgeworth is quite a porker and not given to a great deal of exercise. It is quite possible that he caught his foot in some hay or knocked it against a house or the edge of the pen.

I would hope that it is just a bruise and give him some painkiller. Often, after such an incident, piggies are running around as usual within a very short time.

If he does not make a fuss when you move his foot and leg around then, paws crossed, it is not anything serious.

Hopefully he will not need a trip to the vet.

Lots of hugs for the invalid.

Penny and the Piggyfriends.