[Gpdd] RAINBOW BRIDGE: Condolences for Molly

Julie Juwles Johnson juwles at bigpond.com
Tue Aug 11 08:49:44 EDT 2009

Dear Deb,
Thank you for letting we GPDD members know of Molly's passing.   You have been through a very rough time, and as well as feeling bereaved, you must be exhausted.

I have suffered sort of similar experiences with a couple of my beloved piggies - the teeth were maloccluded, too much injectable anaesthetic, etc.   I will never again allow my vets to use anaesthesia, if not required.    I have the  bucchal pad separators and teeth files from Vedra, and purchased a pair of the correct scissors on eBay, of all places.     If a piggy needs anaesthesia - the best is to use isofluorane - don't let them use anything but that.   It is a gas which quickly leaves their system once surgery is over.

It is very hard to convince vets that piggies do not need anaesthesia to have their teeth trimmed, and if you are lucky enough to find a vet with that sort of knowledge, you have won "Lotto", so to speak.   I am lucky to have found such a vet.

Ann is indeed a wonderful piggy person with lots of knowledge and care in her heart, and I'm pleased you were able to make contact with her - even though the ultimate outcome was that Molly passed away.

I would imagine that Molly was a tired little girl, after all the poking and prodding & sticking of needles - she probably just wanted to walk down that beautiful road to the rainbow bridge for some peace, love, fun and no more pain.

I pray that you soon find some comfort over your loss, and please know that myself and my 9 masters are thinking of you at this sad time.

Sad wheeks,
Julie & her 9 boys