[Gpdd] RAINBOW BRIDGE: Condolences re Becky Boo

Julie Juwles Johnson juwles at bigpond.com
Wed Aug 12 20:15:09 EDT 2009

Dearest Joanne

My heart is broken for you!    Just because your beloved Becky had longer legs than our furry masters, doesn't make it any easier to lose them and doesn't mean you don't have the right to share your grief with your friends.

You should be so proud that Becky reached 16 years old!    That is a wonderful age, and she was so lucky to have had 16 beautiful & loving years with you...... what a lucky girl she was.   She is now sleeping peacefully - she's in eternity Joanne, and you will indeed be seeing her again when we all end up there one day.

I understand your pain and also can feel your pain Joanne...... I have first hand experience at having to help my Tess (dog) to the Bridge just after she had turned 15 years old, that was back in 2001.  I knew the time had come when she stopped showing interest in food (her greatest love apart from me), {she also had a terminal liver disease} and I knew I had to let her go.  I had the vet come to my home because I wanted Tess to be in familiar surroundings - she hated going to visit the vet so much!   I stayed with her whilst the vet gave her that injection, I held her head, she looked up at me with her beautiful brown eyes, and I know she knew what was happening and thanking me for our love and for helping her on her trip to paradise.  She peacefully slipped away into God's loving care.

You had Becky for such a long time - 16 years is amazing - it will definitely feel like you have lost a daughter.   Our pets are our lives - especially dogs - they become true family members.

Becky is with my Tess now, Joanne, and every other wonderful, furry gift from God that has gone before us.   She is in glorious paradise, watching over you, sending her love to you still.   Do not worry Joanne, she is still in good hands - just not your hands anymore, but in the safe and loving hands of our Lord.

I cannot comfort you at this time with words. (I wish I was there to give you a big hug) .... but I am praying for God to send his Angel to wrap her wings around you and hug you until you feel better able to cope with your loss.

All my love,
God Bless you Joanne
Julie xxxxx