[Gpdd] [MISC] Cavy Project and Boomer

lucky duck undermyskin11 at hotmail.com
Fri Aug 14 23:44:04 EDT 2009

Hello everypig!

Im doing a school project involving cavy intelligence using the girls pigs at the cavy rescue/shelter I work at.  Ive had this project going for about a year now, and it's all about testing a cavy's intelligence in relation to how it was raised as a puppy.  Since some of the girls im using were rescues this works out well.  I was just wondering, is anyone else doing an experiment in regards to cavy intelligence?  Do you want to share data or information?  Or if you arnt experimenting any of this, does anyone have any advice to give me?  Id love to get some global connections to share with my peers!

And the other thing I wanted to share was I have a male who is very violent with my other boys.  He lives by himself and has been watching them through the bars in his cage.  Hes been getting more and more depressed living by himself, and its even escalated to the point where hes chewing his fur out on his legs and chest.  (The vet checked, it isnt mites.)  Im considering neutering him so I can get him a female companion.  Im a little worried about the risks involved though.  He is a year old and I have a small animal vet that can take care of him.  Does anyone have any suggestions to help me? Any advice at this point would be greatly apreciated!!

Take care piggy friends!

-Heather