[Gpdd] CONDOLENCES - to Stefanie at the passing of 3 Surrey Squeakers

Julie Juwles Johnson juwles at bigpond.com
Thu Aug 20 09:17:06 EDT 2009

Dear Stefanie

I am saddened over the loss of 3 of your beloved piggies, so close together too.    But, you should be proud that they all were a ripe old age, and obviously were well loved and cared for and had a wonderful life here on earth.

How wonderfully proud you must have been to be able to help out and adopt one of Peter Gurney's piggies following his passing.    He sure had some pretty piggies.   I was lucky enough to purchase Peter Gurney's last book, which was published by his wife a little while ago.   It has wonderful tales of Peter's learning to love piggies, and gorgeous photos of his beloved babies too.  I must look it up and see if Scampi's photo is in the book.

Gosh, you really had your hands full with so many squeakers, and even though you still have 18 left for comfort, you will still be sad and missing your other ones.   Each little piggy holds a special place in our hearts don't they - no matter how many we might have.  They are all individuals, with different personalities, different likes and dislikes, and some of them tell us about those dislikes in no uncertain terms!

I've got 10 piggies, and at times when I'm not feeling the best I find them a bit of a handful - I spend a lot of time preparing their meals, (that's 9 bowls of veges/fruit), cleaning their cages, cleaning and drying their inner cages (I give them pig wams to sleep in at night, lined with a soft rag/old towel), then giving them floor time for each day, washing towels that they use to run around the floor on at the end of the day, hanging those towels out next morning, putting those towels away when dry...... but geez, I wouldn't give any of them away for all the tea in China!

Each one has a different personality, each one knows me, they squeak at me when they see me coming or hear my voice;  when I take Hugo out of his cage to put him on the floor in the morning he literally leaps like a kangaroo into my arms; Snowy is always asking me to cuddle him; when I cuddle Kimba he is instantly in gaga land, off with the pixies, fast asleep like a puppy in my arms, Wheeky is always kissing me on the lips(!), Donald kisses me then pulls my shirt very hard to tell me it's wee wee time, ....... etc. etc.

How blessed we piggy slaves are, and I think we'd all agree that our masters are pretty lucky and blessed to have we slaves too!  I pray my piggies live to a ripe old age like yours did Stefanie.  To have them pass peacefully away and cross that Bridge of natural circumstances would make it so much easier - for me at leas t- to say goodbye.

I do hope you soon find some comfort after losing 3 of your babies.   You sound like a wonderful slave and a real trooper.     You must never get any personal time of your own!!   I hope you don't have children to care for as well!

Warm regards
Julie & her precious boys