[Gpdd] HEALTH: Hershey

GARY HESS joanhess4 at sbcglobal.net
Sat Aug 29 22:57:28 EDT 2009

I took her to the vet this afternoon. The vet was very thorough and caring as she examined her. She found no palpable masses or stones, and Hersh's teeth were fine. The piggie was somewhat dehydrated, however. Our house gets up into the eighties when the outdoor temperature hits the hundreds as it did today, so dehydration could happen very quickly if she slows her water intake. They did subcutaneous fluids, injections of antibiotics and anti inflamatory/pain killers and sent her home with meds understanding that if she hasn't improved by Monday, we'll have her back in and run some tests. I'm afraid it might be ovarian cysts because for the last month or so she's been flirting with me when I refill her hay container. No other time, mind you. Never had a piggie do that to me before, and all mine have been sows.
So far, she's eaten a bit of Critical Care and some wet romaine and a bit of hay. I want to see her drinking, though. She's a bit perkier and hasn't cried out since I packed her off to the vet.
Keep your prayers and wishes a' comin' and your paws crossed. More tomorrow.
Joanie