[Gpdd] BEHAVIOR: Hiding in back of cage

warmbreath warmbreath at comcast.net
Sun Aug 30 03:29:45 EDT 2009

Unusual wheeking is definitely a symptom of something wrong or at least
changed  Sammy wheeks when he wants food or attention, but Manyy and several
others I have had including my precious Square Ed wheeked to call me when
they were sick and wanted to be held for comfort. To wheeek as you describe
could possible mean pain in urinating or pooping. I would give him a
thorough check over, include cleaning out the "slot between his testicles
and using oil to clean his penis and being sure its not gotten glued up,
make sure you can extrude it all the way. Follow up with a quick bath, see
if any unusual stuff floats out of his fur. Dry him quickly. When you
examine him try to find any tender spots or unusual bumps or lumps. Dont
forget to check his ears and jaw and under his chin, examine his mouth.
Examine the pee corner of his cage for blood, are his poops normal? If he
keeps it up another day get him to a good exotics vet.  Also check him over
for mites, comb him to se if any flea or mite dirt comes out, watch him for
itching, see if he's better after the bath and underside cleaning, if not
it's vet time for sure. Unusual hiding is a symptom look for more, do home
maintenance and then you will have more to discuss with the vet
Sandy and Shipwreck Sam