[Gpdd] HEALTH: Hershey

warmbreath warmbreath at comcast.net
Sun Aug 30 06:59:08 EDT 2009

oopps  sorry I got Hershey's sex wrong.  if she does have that hormone
imbalance or ovarian cysts she will want and need to drink more. So put a
second water bottle in and serve all her veggies dripping wet with filtered
water. The imbalance creates as it gets worse, a burning thirst which must
be honored, dont withhold water.  The 2 treatments are hormones or surgery.
If she is to have a spay, pick a surgeon who has done many many, at least on
buns, and consider asking for 2 weeks of Reglan, which will keep her from
getting gassy, the gas distends the abdomen and makes the stitches itch. Use
double layer of real stitches (inside and outside, not side by side), not
glue or staples or steri strips, I see allot more cases on my bunny group of
spay difficulties and we just had one of our list piggies die after a spay.
But the condition is common in girl pigs and will shorten her life and make
her driven to get water unless treated. Good luck little Hershey  Sandy and
Sammy