[Gpdd] HEALTH: Baby Truffles to stay at the vet's

ME me at buddies.org
Wed Dec 2 03:20:50 EST 2009

I don't know if I'd leave my little one at the vet all day ... even
though I'm sure they'd feed her ... I just know my babies are more
comfortable being at home.

Do you supplement vit. C?  I always put a tiny bit in the water when
I'm hand feeding ... upping their vit. C temporarily when they're
sick is always a good idea.

One thing you might try feeding her is canned pumpkin ... especially
if she's losing weight.  Mine love it and it has lots of fiber.  I've
gotten ones with small poops to normal ones within a day or so by
feeding a few tablespoons (I fill a Pepto Bismol dosing cup to the
top) every 2-3 hours from around 5 a.m. to 10 p.m. on just pumpkin
(though I usually try to give some alfalfa pellets/mashes during the
day, there have been a few times when I've had pigs that weren't
strong enough or just didn't want to eat pellets/mashes ... I don't
do Critical Care anymore ... I've found that most of mine like it for
a time, then start to eat less of it ... so I either hand feed
pellets or I make my own pellet powder and mix it into a mash and add
a bit of pumpkin to make it stick together and add a bit of vit.
C ... I also sometimes pulverize some carrots, mix it with a bit of
pumpkin, just to add some variety).  FYI, even though I only feed a
few tablespoons, I know that all of it is getting into the piggie ...
I have very little mess if any at all ... they really don't have much
room for more than that ... and a few tablespoons every 2-3 hours
adds up over the course of a day.