[Gpdd] Gpdd: (CARE) (My guinea pig Rufie)

Ellen Garrison lola.garrison at gmail.com
Fri Dec 4 08:16:40 EST 2009

Dear Ann,
Thanks so much for the info.  I have sent it to my vet (warmvet at yahoo.com).
I really hope they read it.
When I asked the vet tech if they have rimadyl she said they USED to use
it.  I wonder why they don't.  From what I have gathered, the vet tech I
spoke to likes metacam but the vet has reservations about it so i don't know
what the deal is. Maybe I can reason with her...you know I saw the pain in
their expressions when I was up there with Rufie on this past Monday (I say
"up there" because it is at about 5,000 ft. elevation maybe even more).  It
is like they want to help, I really saw the painful waythey looked at me and
I am hoping they will openmindedly read the stone rmoval protocol you sent
me.

Do  you know anyplace I can order Rimadyl online?  I have a bad  feeling
about metacam, because Rufie seems 'drugged' on it. PLUS they do not know
his blood type --could not draw blood from his leg--someone on GPDD--said to
cut his toenail to get blood. but that seems a bit harsh to me...still how
can one know if the metacam won't damage his good kidney, if they do not
know his blood analysis...i am asking for a miracle...i was just crying so
much about it. The vet thinks he MAY have only one GOOD kidney, and/or
kidney disease due to  the stone.
They did take a urine sample so I will ask about that. I do trust my vet but
I hate to leave him overnight even though he would be ok as he was overnight
there before when he had the sebaceous cyst removed.
I am almost so wanting to move to England where they are much more small pet
friendly, but  the piggies here need me so I will be brave.  It's ok to
daydream, though...

Ciao,
Ellen and pigs 10 and one bun