[Gpdd] HEALTH: Blossom has a swollen throat

corrine sakumoto oreochockc at yahoo.com
Sat Dec 5 19:32:21 EST 2009

The doctors observed Blossom during the morning and did an x-ray of her whole body.  They didn't see any tumors, nothing unusual.  They did notice that the back of her tongue, her throat area was swollen.  And that a small part of her jaw was a little tender.  The vet was only guessing as to what had happened, one thing is that she thinks when Michael gave the flagyl, that she breathed differently so that it 'burned' down her throat.  So she said to continue the flagyl but also to give her prednisone for the pain and inflammation.  They also noticed a lot of air in her body but attributes that to when she was 'breathing in' when she was going through those motions like she was choking.

As can be expected, she's hesitant to swallow.  We're hoping the prednisone will help her feel better.  Part of us is wondering if the flagyl caused this problem.  Could it have?  In either case, we're reluctant to give the flagyl again but will, at least one more time, but we'll be on full alert, watching her carefully after administering the med sometime tonight.

Any way that we can help her eat?  Any suggestions and help to us would be most appreciated!!

Thank you,

Corrine and Michael